Friday, September 6, 2013

Quick Trip

We got the chance to get away for a quick long weekend trip.  (I think that may be an oxymoron?!?)

We jumped at the chance.

 This is Anna Maria Island...a little slice of heaven.  It is south of Tampa, FL.  Shep and I had the opportunity to vacation here when we were newlyweds.  It holds some specials memories for us!
 We were excited to take our kids to a place that they have never been.  Needless to say...they loved it. 
 Playing at the beach beats school any day of the week.
 Caroline can pull off the ultimate "chilled out" look.  We all did some of this...
 Shep loved fishing in the surf.  Of course he couldn't escape little ones who just wanted to be beside him.
 Zeke loved using his goggles to explore.  I saw this view of him more than anything else...
 I enjoyed the little things.  Quiet.  God's gorgeous creation screaming His praise.  Little treasures.  Time and memories with my family.
 Caroline enjoying the arms that always hold her close...
 Ava's sweet silliness....
 I wanted to show just how crystal clear this water was.  You could look down and always see your feet.  Oh!  If only life and faith and parenting and everything else could be seen with this kind of clarity!
And, of course, a selfie of me.  This is the only way that there is proof of my presence on this trip. I take all the pictures....so there very few of me actually being in them.

This was a change in our norm.  It was much-needed and so appreciated.  God refreshed our spirits and helped us grow closer as a family.  Exhausting but well worth it!!!