Monday, May 5, 2014

When Words Won't Come....

This morning I asked God to give me words again.  I have really slacked off in my writing.

Until the words come again I want to be intentional about God's Word.

His Word trumps my foolish words any day of the week. 

My words tend to be pessimistic.  His Word gives hope.
My words show worry.  His Word equips.
My words reflect fear.  His Word gives courage.

This morning God's Word was alive and hopeful as I read the account of a battle won by praise.

2 Chronicles chapter 20 grips the reader with truth that is unbelievable. How is that for an oxymoron?!?

The army of Judah finds themselves in a tight spot.  They are being pursued by three different enemies.  They are terrified and afraid.  They call upon the Lord.

He delivers them in a way no one could have guessed or imagined.

That is what God does.  He outdoes us every time.

His ways are outside of our boxes.  He cannot be contained.

The Word says that singers were put out in front of the army, "singing to the LORD and praising him for his holy splendor." v21

Singing.  Words to melody lifted high on the wind by an outnumbered army.  Without intervention from God Almighty this army was doomed to defeat.  They sang anyway.

It delighted God.  Their faith moved His heart and He out did anything they could have imagined.

"At the moment they began to sing and give praise, the LORD caused the armies of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir to start fighting among themselves." 

My words won't come but I can write about the goodness of my God anyway. 

He is good.

He is for us.

He interjects and steps into our lives with jaw dropping delight...because He loves to save.

He did it for the army of Judah and I am satisfied He does it for even armies of one.

Little ol' me.

And you.

When words fail me.....praise can still break forth.

The LORD is my strength, my shield from every danger.
I trust in him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.  Ps. 28:7



No comments: