Saturday, April 18, 2015

the BOAST post

There is this song we sing at church that goes something like this...

"Blessed be Your Name when I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness blessed be Your Name.

Blessed be Your Name when the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be blessed be Your Name.

Every blessing You pour out I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in Lord...still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord.  Blessed be Your Name."

I cannot tell you how many times I have sung that song and felt nothing at all like blessing the name of Jesus.

Hope has felt a million miles away and difficult days have numbered more than the easy ones. 

Yet...I would sing it loud.  Beyond what I felt.

I would sing of what I knew. 

I would sing beyond the day.  Beyond the present circumstances.

And some days that song would reach full volume from my voice while tears of pain and doubt stained my face.

Its just what we do.

But the past 2 weeks have been different.

Tonight that song is not only known but it is felt as well.

Now THAT is fun.

Lots of the time Jesus asks us to press through with praise.  Sing it and declare it despite what you feel.  Despite what you see it front of you.

And then....there are the other times.  The times our hearts want to burst from joy.  The times our eyes get a glimpse of God doing the impossible things.

My Caroline has done some new things lately.  Formerly impossible things.

This girl is almost 13 years old.

In the past 12 days she has been able to sit (without help) in a camp chair.

She has also said her brother's name.  He goes by "Zeke".  Her version sounded something like "Eeekk".  But still.  Beautiful to us.

And lastly, a few days ago she sipped liquid up through a straw.

Y'all.

I could just come unglued. 

These little things might as well be mountains to us. 

I have been a picture-taking and videoing fool. 

Unashamed I might add.

These past 2 weeks hope of the new has painted a new canvas for us.  Colors I have never seen have suddenly appeared and my soul can hardly stand it.

Hope is a gorgeous view.

Limitless possibilities with a God that delights to bless His children.

Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh my soul
Worship His holy Name.
Sing like never before.
Oh my soul.
I worship His holy Name.

Tomorrow the skies of blue may darken to monotonous gray once again. 
Days may stretch into weeks and months and years.
Hardship and difficulty will no doubt knock upon my door.

But today....the colors are vibrant.  These weeks have refreshed my faith.  I almost feel buoyant. 
Lifted and carried and light as a feather.

I want to boast in my God.

He is life and breath to me.  My Savior and Redeemer.  The One that lifts my weary head. 









No comments: