Friday, September 11, 2015

A Mighty Pretty Sight

Social media can be a bear.

It can be the vacuum that sucks up our time and energy.

It can be the place we lose sight of what is important.

It can breed discontentment as we compare and compete with others.

But....I argue that social media can also serve a wonderful purpose.

It can be a tool that blesses the lives of others.
It can be a stage where Jesus can shine bright in your life.
It can be the encouragement that makes someone else's day.
It can be a vessel to speak truth in a world tormented by lies.

This past June our family posted a request on social media.

Our oldest daughter, Caroline, would be turning 13 on her birthday.

What she wanted most was a bicycle.

Unfortunately an adaptive bicycle is crazy expensive.  We are talking thousands of dollars.

With the help of sweet friends and family our community raised enough money on social media for our girl to have her very own bike.

It took 2 months to be built and shipped to us.

But here is a look at this long legged girl on her long-awaited ride!










Her joy will light you up.

I wish to extend our sincere thanks to the many who gave money and passed the word to make this girl's wish come true.

God used social media for good y'all.

We were so blessed by the generosity of others.  Many people I don't even know to thank because they chose to remain anonymous givers.

If you read this post and you know someone that gave~ pass this on.  Help me thank them.

(On a side note I am certain that you noticed my Ava walking beside her sister in many of these pictures.  The Lord uses real life situations to speak to me all the time.  As I watched Ava help and encourage her sister I was reminded of our purpose in this life.
There was a time in my life when I was weak and broken. As I cried our to the Lord...He strengthened me.  His Word breathed life into my bones.  He sent wonderful people to befriend me and walk patiently beside me.  
Those of us who have been redeemed by a loving God are to walk beside those who are broken and needy.  We are to assist and cheer and help them.  This is our purpose in Christ Jesus.)

Brothers and sisters, we urge you to warn those who are lazy. Encourage those who are timid. Take tender care of those who are weak. Be patient with everyone. 1 Thessalonians 5:14




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pure JOY!!!! From trips around your kitchen island and basement to seeing these pictures makes me smile BIG!!! Love you Caroline! Ms. Heather