Friday, November 19, 2010

Choosing Thankfulness

I am sure no one else's life is exactly the way they would want it to be!

We all have our "if only this" or "I would prefer that" that we would like to implement into our lives.

However, the greatest gift we can give ourselves and those around us is to choose thankfulness.

I often hear myself coming before God, my family, and friends with a mouth full of complaints.

Who wants to be around that kind of person??

I certainly don't.

Yet....that is the person I easily choose to be sometimes.

There are many things in my life that I wish were different.
There are things in the lives of those I love that I shed tears over and wish I could change.

But God has also blessed me beyond my wildest dreams. I am fulfilled in Him!

For every tear I have shed....I have laughed a thousand more times.
For every want I have....my every need is cared for and met.
For every question that plagues my mind....I have a thousand promises to cling to in God's Word.
For every doubt that assaults my faith....there is strength and courage waiting for me when I need it.

Choosing thankfulness shows depth of character.

Griping constantly shows discontentment and complete selfishness.

I don't want to be that person....although I fall short constantly.

God help me choose thankfulness.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Thank You! I needed that reminder today!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you my darling daughter who was and still is a gift from above. I certainly wasn't worthy of you. I certainly deserved a No from HIm when I asked for you to come into this world just as you are. I experience your same fears and questions. Yet we push on to see, hear, and experience the touch of Jesus. Touch my daughter with an outpouring of your presence and love. Heal Father! I love more...Momma