Monday, April 23, 2012

BFFs






I get totally tickled that I used to write "BFF" on almost any note that I would pass to a girlfriend in middle and high school.

Just goes to show that I had a lot to learn about picking and choosing friends.

Some people definitely are your friends. Some people are just acquaintances. Some people just help you pass the time.


But others...

The ones that you go out of your way to spend time with. The ones who imprint their mark on your life. The ones that you don't mind halving their troubles and doubling their joys. The ones who bring a smile to your face when their name is mentioned. The ones who you don't see as often now but time has no way or eroding their value and worth to you.

Those friends. They are indeed your best friends forever.

I got the pleasure of spending last Thursday through Sunday with 3 of my very best friends.

Location does not permit us to get together as often as we would like so we make the effort to get away together at least once a year.

It was a concentrated amount of one-on-one time and I soaked every second.

God used these girls as a hedge of protection for me during our school years. They loved and served the Lord with all of their hearts and hanging out with them meant that I would be pushed to do the same. I pray that my own children will have such friends.

The ones who will toe the line when others try to blur it.
The ones who will say "no" in love when others say "yes" to please.
The ones who will act silly and keep your secrets.
The ones who will show their loyalty instead of just giving lip service.
The ones who will guard your reputation as well as their own.
The ones who will think the best of you when others speak with disregard.
The ones who you will want to be with at the beach 20 years later....laughing, eating, encouraging, remembering, shopping, and sharing your life journey and the hand of Jesus through it all.

1 Corinthians 1:4 "I always thank God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus."

1 comment:

Caroline Russell said...

We did have fun, didn't we? Then and now!! Loved the post and really love you!!!