Thursday, January 23, 2014

Going

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.  And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."  Matthew 28:19-20


Here I go again.

So incredibly nervous.

It will be my 4th trip to St. Vincent Island.  Every other time has been during the summer break.  Every other time has been mostly ministering to the children through Vacation Bible School.

This trip will be ministering to adults. This trip will include, but is not limited to prison visits, school visits, disaster relief, prayer walking and sharing the gospel of Jesus whenever possible.

I am amazed at how badly I want an agenda to cling to. That VBS schedule sure does sound appealing to me.  The control freak in me loves it.  We are scheduled down to the minute.

Instead God has given our team a blank canvas and my bet is that He intends to paint something we can't even imagine with colors our eyes have never seen.

Please pray for us.  Please pray for the people we will meet. Pray for the families we leave here.

God's promise in the verse above is that He will be with us.

On our best day our team is just a bunch of redeemed folks saved by the blood of Jesus.  We are nothing special.  But His Spirit dwells within us...making us holy, righteous and set apart.

May the glory of God rest upon us as we go...
May the power of God equip us as we go...
May the love of God overflow in us as we go...

Going is obedience to His commission.
 
He honors our obedience.  He delights in our sacrifice.
 
Every time I think I am leaving to help others and I returned....changed.  

That is His way.

Going gives us the gift.

He alone is the same God that can send missionaries to help and also help the missionaries He sends.

I am in awe of Him.

Lord Jesus~ do your thing.  Amaze us.  Work through broken and weak vessels like you love to do.  Show yourself and keep us close.  Keep us from evil and give us joy in the journey.  My soul longs to bless you Lord. Amen.



No comments: