Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Time

I was doing my devotion this morning as I begged my brain to wake up.

We are on Spring Break this week and it seems like I am lagging behind without the deadlines of a clock and demands of a schedule holding me accountable.

Anyway, the devotional was about knowing God's will for your life. The example was David and the text was 2 Samuel 2:1-4. David has learned that Saul and Jonathon are dead and he has torn his clothes and lamented over his grief.

I was amused over something that I missed in reading this passage before.

"In the course of time, David inquired of the Lord." 2 Sam. 2:1

Does anybody else appreciate that God gives us the gift of time.

He knew that David was grieving the loss of his best friend. But He had a HUGE plan for David. David was to become King.

But David needed time.

I just love that.

I also love that God didn't mind him needing a little time to deal.

There are several situations in my life right now that I don't know exactly how to deal with....
-God giving me the desire to do something entirely new and unexpected (a major curve ball)
-A wayward extended family member openly walking away from God and his family
-Being frustrated with things that haven't happened
-Relationship issues
-Financial stress

This is real life and God expects us to live it with integrity and in accordance with His Word.

I just want to praise Him for His patience and loving kindness for us....because He created us and He knows us better than anyone.

We will inquire of Him...
We will come to Him...
...............................................................in the course of TIME!

In time...he can change our hearts
In time...he can help us forgive
In time...he can make us ready
In time...he can give us courage.

No comments: