Friday, April 1, 2011

The words just came...

I have had good reason lately to cry out to God and ask Him to speak directly to me with a specific word of encouragement.

The enemy of my soul has been beating down my door in a full-scale attack to distract, discourage, and destroy my faith.

Each day that passes and Caroline is not healed gets harder to believe the promise.

Feelings, time, and physical circumstances can all be liars to what God has declared; but tell that to my heart on days when I feel doubt ridden and overcome by fear.

Two days ago I was sitting at Shep's office (I work there part time) and a gentlemen brought in his weekly devotional. It is a photocopied sheet of paper with a devotional and several other encouraging passages of scripture. He does this every single week. I assume he feels led to do this for local businesses. I don't know his name but he never misses a week and always wears a smile.

As he handed me the paper I couldn't wait to peek at the verses. You see I am constantly looking for God to speak. Especially right now.....it is like water to a very thirsty soul.

There it was.

2 Tim. 3:14

The verse itself wasn't exactly what spoke to me but there was a word hidden in that verse that might as well have jumped off the page in neon green.

"But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it."

That was it....the word that jumped off the page

CONTINUE

Certainly not what I wanted it to be but nevertheless, a word from God Almighty.

As I sat here in my chair....words, or poetry, or maybe even lyrics formed in my head...

These words just came out of what I live each day and what I felt God had to say to me in return...


Lord, what do I do?
Each day is the same...there's nothing new.
These thoughts and doubts stealing joy from me today;
Can't I pray enough to drive them all away?

Your Word stands; Your Word is true.
It speaks and heals; restores and makes me new.
I run in need desperate to hear from you~
What You say is........CONTINUE.

Lord, how do I fight?
This hopelessness is eating me alive.
The enemy taunts and jeers for me to quit;
Taking all the ground I've gained-he won't relent.

Your Word stands; Your Word is true.
It speaks and heals; restores and make me new.
I run in need desperate to hear from you~
What You say is.......CONTINUE.

CONTINUE despite what you see
Keep your eyes fixed on only ME.
CONTINUE with every ache and tear
Bringing yourself so very near
to the only One who urges you to
CONTINUE.

Your Word stands; Your Word is true.
What You say is........CONTINUE!


7 comments:

Tess said...

LOVE IT!!! Want to hear you sing your heart out to it... Love you...

Craig said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Jeanette B said...

You know I just wanted to say that I started reading your blog a long time ago because my daughter recommended it. She goes to Fortified Hills BC. Anyway, I have faithfully read all that you have written. I just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading it and how you have been such an inspiration to me. Your messages have truly spoken to my heart. I continue to lift you and your family in prayer. Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Do not stop now... Beautiful, refreshing, and divine! Heather P

Anonymous said...

You amaze me with your ability to paint a picture with words. God is truly using you. Ken wayne

Kelly said...

Have you ever thought that it's not in God's plan to "heal" Caroline? Maybe she is already healed....

This is what God spoke to me when I read one of your last entries....and I feel lead to share it with you. You are an inspiration to many. Your blogs bless more people than you can imagine...probably people you never would have thought to be blessed by your blog are.

Children like Caroline are truly amazing and beautiful creatures of God. I will continue to pray for God's will for her and your family. :)

Your friend....

Mrs. Ross said...

I just happened on your blog from one of your friend's blog. Thanks for your encouraging words!