Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Poop and a Pot of Coffee

Zeke has really been doing well with his transition to potty training. I think we are in week 3 or 4 (I've lost count) and he only has the occasional accident.

I feel like I have posted several times about my girls so I wanted to include some recent funnies on my little man Zeke.

Some cute things he currently says at 2 and a half years old are:

"Where's my lanky?" that is "Where is my blanket?"
"See that pippopotimus!"
"I can't want that mommy."

Oh, I just love it! I don't even correct him because it will happen soon enough on its own.

Yesterday, we were at home most of the day and I could tell that his tummy was bothering him. I had asked him repeatedly if he needed to go potty but he promptly told me, "No. I can't want to go potty mommy."

I kept bothering him but finally I just accepted that he must not need to go.

My mistake.

Not even 20 minutes later he comes waddling into the kitchen and I knew from his weird walk that he had dropped a bomb (as Shep says) in his big boy underwear.

Ughhhhhhhh

I was so frustrated. I had just asked him repeatedly......but accidents do happen.

He was ready to get into clean pants but I still wanted to teach the lesson to him that this poop belonged in the potty. I carefully removed his underwear and we discarded the poop and then he flushed.

Well somehow in this whole ordeal I had to scratch my nose.

Yep, you guessed it.

Poop managed to make it into my nostril. I could see it in the mirror and I could smell it. But my hands were dirty and Zeke's rear end needed cleaning so my nose would have to wait.

Finally the drama is over.....Zeke is cleaned up...my hands get clean...my nose gets cleaned and Zeke goes down for a nap.

My next thought was something so unexpected.
"I wanted a cup of coffee."

Lord, I am becoming my mother.

She always wants a fresh pot of coffee. She swears it just makes her feel better.

So....that is exactly what I did.

I made me a little pot of coffee and thoroughly enjoyed it. Of course, I am not hard core. I still like my coffee to be blond with highlights.:0)

Oh the joys.........

No comments: