Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spectacles and Stitches


This past week has been busy.

We finally finished celebrating Ava's birthday( I love making the occasion last for a while, don't you?)

An unexpected gift Ava received was a pair of spectacles. Yes, I know they are glasses but I needed another "s" word for my cute blog title.

We knew that she was gonna need glasses soon but she never had complained about not being able to see well. So, we were just putting it off. I knew that was no longer an option when Ava put on my dad's glasses and exclaimed, "Momma, things don't look wuzzy anymore!"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!(Bad mom alert!!!!) I called the doctor minutes later and made her an eye appointment. Bless her sweet heart. I don't think she had complained because she didn't know any better. She had not been able to clearly see ALL that she was missing out on!

Man, there is such a spiritual parallel there but for time's sake I must push through....

*************************************************************************************

Now to the second "s".

This past Saturday I hosted a 31 party at my home. Shep, being the awesome husband and father that he is, took the kids on a field trip to Stamp Creek. They had a ball. Until Caroline's chair fell off the bridge (only about a foot above the water) with her strapped in and hit her head in the perfect spot and just the perfect way to require stitches.

Only 3 stitches but still.........it scared us all to death. This is the second time in 6 months that Caroline's head has been the target of an injury.

She is doing fine. She is such a tough little thing but I just can't help but wonder if the enemy is not behind this in some way.

He wants to destroy, distract, and discourage God's children in any and every way possible.

We boldly proclaim our belief that God is going to gloriously heal our girl. We don't back down and we don't apologize for what we believe God has told us.

I think this makes our enemy furious.

Do I believe that he would attempt to harm our girl to possibly destroy her or our faith? Yes
Do I believe that he would attempt to harm our girl to distract us from a God-focused life? Yes
Do I believe that he would attempt to harm our girl to discourage us? Yes

Spiritual warfare is often a taboo topic but I take it very seriously...

If the enemy has been allowed to touch Caroline then I must trust that God intends to bring good to us and glory to Himself.

Ephesians 6:11-14
"Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when (NOT IF) the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."

No comments: