Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fingers Crossed...

Thought I would take a break from the "heavy topics" of late...

Un-forgiveness is quite a task and the Lord and I have been hard at work. For those of you who have texted, e-mailed, or called to thank me for sharing those last blog posts...you are most welcome.

I am all about learning from others. I believe the body of Christ could be more equipped and ready for the enemy if we would be real with our struggles, pray for one another, and learn how to avoid pitfalls.....especially from others' mistakes.


OK. Enough of that for now............................................................................................................................

So it seems my little boy has turned a corner.

I have been gently encouraging him to potty. Doing the typical training things like putting him on the toilet first thing out of bed and last thing before bed. He has seemed kind of interested but has offered no commitment. Wanting to have success, I have not pushed him much at all. He has seemed fine to go or not go. He didn't really seem to understand the full concept.

Yesterday I decided to strip him down to the basics and let him go about his day "commando style" at home. (no underwear for those of you not around the male gender)

It was like something just clicked in his brain. Without the diaper or pants, his body became more aware and he went the whole day accident free. :) Most of the time he would come alert me and let me help him. We would smile, high-five, hug and cheer in celebration. As the day progressed, he would even venture to his own bathroom and go by himself.

S0 today I sent him to his pre-school with big boy underwear. I did send in several extra pairs of pants and underwear just in case he had an accident....BUT I am happy to report that he didn't have an accident!

Oh~ so proud and excited for my little man!

Now just keeping my fingers crossed that the corner has been turned!

If only my bad habits and strongholds could be overturned in a day or two....

No comments: