Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The fourth man

We are three weeks into our Daniel study by Beth Moore.

Good doesn't begin to describe it.  This is my second time doing the study.  My first trip through the book of Daniel was back in 2006.  I am amazed at the perspective God has given me in just 6 short years.

This week's study focused on Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego's stand that landed them into a 7-times hotter furnace.

Of course the story hits its climax once our guys are actually in the furnace and there is mentioned a "fourth man."

Daniel 3: 25 says, "the fourth looks like the son of God."

I find this interesting given the fact that a pagan king was speaking these words.  How would this king know what a son of God looked like?

I don't believe he did.

He just knew that Someone pretty unbelievable was in that fire with these men. Someone who stood out from them but was very much with them. And that somehow these men weren't consumed by the fire.

 This is our God.

With us.  For us.

My week has been a bit scattered.  I have encountered a runaway desperately seeking help and hope, a friend in need of some saving grace, a fierce stomach bug, bill deadlines, homework projects, heaping loads of laundry and it is only Wednesday.  The rest of the week doesn't appear to be slowing down in the least.

I am not walking about in the flames of a fiery furnace, but my life can burn me at both ends sometimes.

My God is with me.
He is for me.
He walks with me every day.

I pray that I let Him be seen by others. I hope that those who brush past see that this girl has a great God carrying her load.

Our lives can be the very backdrop for others to see and experience God at work.

Wouldn't it be cool for someone to look at your life's circumstances and be awestruck by the very One walking around with you?

Let's bring Him some fame!!




No comments: