Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Don't trash it

The book of Hebrews held a fresh reminder for me this morning.

"Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward." Heb. 10:35

What is your confidence?

As a child of the Most High God my confidence should not be in any thing I possess other than the person of Jesus Christ.

But how often do I throw Him away? 
How often do I trash His promises to me as if they are not enough?

When I get up and face the day ahead of me full of dread, doubt, or fear....I am throwing away my confidence.

When I pray for something and think in my heart that the situation is impossible...I am throwing away my confidence.

When someone has wronged me and I withhold my forgiveness from them....I am throwing away my confidence.

When I allow sin and pride to mean more to me than obedience to my God....I am throwing away my confidence.

I am ashamed to say that I do this ALL THE TIME.

Thankfully, my Jesus, can't really be thrown away.

His precious Spirit resides in my heart and is ready and able to equip me for whatever lies ahead.

My only job is to choose:

Trash his promises....or trust them.

Oh Lord help me to trust you.  I want Your Word to be my breath.  Help me trust.  Help me take Your promises to the bank.  Forgive me when I throw Your blessed promises away as if they mean nothing.  They mean everything!  Let me live out my life with my hope only in You.  Give me faith where I lack.  I love you Jesus....my confidence, my hope.

No comments: