Friday, March 1, 2013

In Like A Lion

March is the month that marks the beginning of the end of winter. 

I wish I could say I have a favorite season.

Maybe I have picked one in the past but I doubt that I can stick to my guns on a real favorite.

The truth is...I like them all.

I like 3 to 4 months of something and then...a shift to something else.

Winter makes me appreciate Spring
Spring teases me to want Summer
Summer roasts me into desiring Fall
Fall fills me for the fun of Winter...

This morning March came roaring in my home like a lion.

As if school mornings aren't hectic enough....throw in a puking child, another child pitching a tantrum of unparalleled proportions, and a yet a different child accidentally soaking their sheets.  The spilled cereal that occurred later in the morning was even a bit humorous after everything else. 

The soured clothes that were forgotten in my washer....that DID tick me off.

Some days are just like this.

We get up with our set plans and personal agenda only to get thrown into something entirely different.

I was mentally prepared to volunteer at the Pregnancy Center today.

Instead I am nurturing my baby girl and disinfecting my house.

Both are good things.  One just had to take a back seat to the other.

My plan B was never God's plan B.

He knew last night that this would be my today.

My type-A control freak of a personality is a playground where God likes to mess with me and get His hands dirty.

Just like I know when something irritating is good for my own children's growth and maturity...He knows it will grow and mature me as well.

In times of prosperity be joyful,
but in times of adversity consider this:
God has made one as well as the other,
so that no one can discover what the future holds.  Ecc.7:14 









No comments: