Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Circus and Pink Eye

I am so sorry that the quality of this picture is not the best BUT I had to post it.

We went to the circus this past weekend.  During the intermission the children were encouraged to come to the center ring and get their pictures taken.  There were many options.  They could sit on horses, get inside the motorcycle cage, stand near the clown, or hold a snake.

Look at what they chose?!?

The reason I love this picture is because Shep's face is priceless.

Ava loved the thrill of it.  Zeke is hidden between Ava and her daddy.

Shep just looks like he wants to throw the snake to kingdom come.

Caroline and I had the good sense to watch from a distance.

I am from the realm of thought that says, "The only good snake is a dead snake."

Anyway, we had an absolute blast!

Contortionists, loud motorcycles, horses, tigers, magicians, jugglers, and amazing feats of strength kept our mouths wide open in wonder.

My kids thought it was really cool.  I am pretty sure Shep and I enjoyed it even more than they did.

This week has kicked off with an unexpected joy (sarcasm) for me.

Somehow I got pink eye.

My children and Shep have had this nasty eye goop before but I have never had the pleasure...until now.

Let me just go on record to say.....I WILL HAVE HUGE COMPASSION FOR ANYONE IN THE FUTURE WITH PINK EYE!!!

I am on day 2 of eye drops and I look like I have been in a fight...and lost.

My eye is swollen (almost shut) and very red.

I am way too vain and prideful to post pictures of myself.

See....God has much work to do in my life!





No comments: