Monday, March 18, 2013

Stuck in the Middle

 This entire blog post is gonna be devoted to my little girl who is stuck in the middle.

We celebrated her birthday all weekend long....here are some recent photos of my Ava Ruth.

This first picture was taken at one of our favorite spots.  She had asked me to fish tail braid her hair (which is her go-to these days).  Then she saw these sweet little weeds that look like flowers on the ground.  She just had to wear them.  I love that about her...
 Just a pensive or thoughtful look that I am glad I captured on camera.
 Ava and her daddy.  These two have such a sweet bond.  They both equally think the world of each other.
 I put this picture in because Shep caught her working on her ballet stuff at the lake.  I am sitting in the swing holding Caroline and Ava is entertaining us with her graceful moves.
 Getting warmed up on some sun-baked bricks.  Hmmm....her tummy is showing.  Not liking that at all...but dang she sure is cute.
 Here she is looking ultra chic and cool.  Can I just brag on the wear I have gotten out of this cute skirt?!?  It is a 4T.  (Ava just turned 8 so you do the math there)  If Ava knew that...she would completely give it away.  But I guess it is supposed to be a long skirt on a four year old.  I love that it looks perfect on her just below the knee.
 She always takes the role of little mama with Zeke.  Check her out holding his hand.
 I love that her best friend is this little guy.  They are 2 days apart in age. His mom and I were pregnant together.  We used to talk about them when they were in our tummies and wonder how they would be.  Just look how cute they are.  We tease that they might end up as a couple but the truth is....they are like brother and sister.
 I had to get some snuggles in.
 Ava loves to be in charge of Zeke.  We let her think she is sometimes....so that we can listen to the funny things that she will tell him.
 She is my safe child.  But...I love it when I see her take risks....
 She loves horses and animals of any kind.
 She has really gotten into ballet in the past 2 years.  She will spontaneously bust out dancing in public.
 I must say that I love to see her innocent passion.  She is such a feel er.  She thinks.  She ponders.  Her heart is tender.  She speaks about God with BIG faith and growing love.  There is no telling where He will take her.  I pray that His Word will be her anchor and guide.  I pray for her to be strong and brave and obedient to His will and calling on her precious life.  All who love her are blessed by her.
She has asked for a flute for the past few months.  A fife is recommended first....so we'll see where this leads.

Happy Birthday to my magnificent middle child! 

2 comments:

Ivey's Mom said...

beautiful girl, just like her momma.

Francine said...

she is just beautiful...you are indeed very blessed!