Friday, March 8, 2013

Eye Cannot Believe It!?!

So....I am trying to be a bit humorous with my blog post title.

This week has really been way different than what I expected.

We make plans.

But, oh, how those plans can change.

I had an entire week of commitments, obligations, appointments, and just general stuff to do.

Guess what?

Most of those things had to take a back seat to my pink eye.

Yes you heard me correctly.

Silly, usually easy to treat, found in kids all the time ~ PINK EYE.

I sit here on Friday with pink eyes....still.

I have been to the doctor 3 times.
I am currently taking my 3rd round of prescribed eye drops.

When this was diagnosed on Monday I thought, "No big deal. Take the drops and by Tuesday or Wednesday I will be just fine."

Nope.

Not my story.

My case went from bad to worse.....and then to the other eye.

I have laughed about it.  I have cried about it.  I have worried and wondered.

God and I have talked repeatedly about why this week was seemingly wasted to me.

I have no answers.

But I am resting on what I know.

God wastes nothing....even what I think it waste....wasted time or a wasted week....can be richly sown with seeds of growth from God's hand.

Let me tell you how thankful I am for the gift of sight and functioning eyes.

I never ever think about the fact that my eyes work well most of the time. 

Every day of my life I have awakened to see the width and breadth of God's creation with no worries....and without a real appreciation of being able to see and enjoy it.

This week that was taken away...briefly.

It has been inconvenient and unnerving.

But maybe that is alwasy what it takes to make us learn, appreciate and remember.

"I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe."
Ephesians 1:18-19

No comments: