Saturday, October 4, 2014

When Worries Double...Faith Can Too

Shep and I have been walking a single lane road of faith for quite some time.  I guess what I mean by that is this...God has called us to believe something unbelievably big.  If that single lane had a name it would simply be ~ Caroline~.

There have been other concerns over the past 12 years.  The births of our other two children, deaths of extended family and loved ones, financial burdens and  life decisions in general that have turned our faces toward God in faith.

But nothing keeps us at His throne day in and day out like our ongoing belief that He will heal Caroline.

It is an overarching theme.  We continue walking the one-lane road and believe that each step builds bigger faith and brings us closer to that faith becoming sight.

This past week my personal one lane unexpectantly became a two lane road of faith.

Some news that God has known was coming was made known to me.  It answered some immediate questions but presented my family with many more unanswered ones.

I sat in the driveway alone Sunday night and wept with Jesus.

The moment was very tender and sweet.  Where could I go but to my Lord??

Shep loves me to pieces but he can't ease my pain.
My children are precious but they can't settle the storm.
Friends and family can draw near but the pain almost numbs us.

None of these folks are qualified to carry my burdens away.  But Jesus is....

He sat with me at the top of my driveway at dusk and let me be sad.

It was the most appropriate emotion at the time.  He was as real to me as any person sitting there.  He comforted as only He can.

I got up and came in the house with a face wiped of tears and fresh resolve.

More faith would be required for the road ahead.

Thankfully my Comforter also dishes out fresh faith in spades.

Our Caroline still isn't healed. 
Another big opportunity to believe has been given...

What are we to do?

Walk on.

Persevere.

Be thankful.

Live courageous faith filled lives one day at a time.

"But my righteous one will live by faith. And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved." Hebrews 10:38-39

 




No comments: