Monday, January 25, 2010

More Good Stuff

Last last entry was so precious to me!

She hasn't stopped, although the chocolate milk part has slowed down. She doesn't seem as interested in that now.

She is interested in fruit loops, mini-marshmallows, and ice cream. It is a wonderful change in our girl!

I am loving watching her WANT things....I wait in expectation at the things next to come!

I wanted to include some neat quotes that I have gotten to read in the past few days. They are short and sweet but thought provoking as well...

"Readiness and ability for any work is not given before the work, but only through the work." Andrew Murray

"Faith expects from God what is beyond all expectation." Andrew Murray

"The greatness of a man's power is the measure of his surrender." William Booth

"The Lord gets His best soldiers out of the highlands of affliction." C.H. Spurgeon

"The best prayers have often more groans than words." John Bunyon

"The greatest fault is to be conscious of none." Thomas Carlyle

"The Bible is alive, it speaks to me; it has feet, it runs after me; it has hands, it lays hold on me." Martin Luther

I don't know about you but some of those quotes can actually bring tears to my eyes. It is like God is preaching a sermon in the midst of those words.

Our guest speaker spoke out of the passage in Revelation that deals with being "lukewarm".

That passage should scream to believers everywhere to stop and evaluate themselves according to God's standard.

When I am lukewarm...it is ALL ABOUT ME.
If I am happy...or not.
If I am bored...or not.
If I am satisfied...or not.
If I am whatever....or not.

When I am in God's will....full of passion and peace...it is ALL ABOUT HIM.
He is my joy!
He is my life!
He satisfies me!
He fills in all the blanks in my life.

Lord thank you for being about NEWness. Set me apart God. Use me in your Kingdom. Don't let me become lukewarm like I am so prone to do. Keep me at your feet. Keep me in line. On my own, I am lazy and selfish....I hate that about myself. Help me cry out to you for satisfaction. Speak to me God I am listening. Show me my sin so I can repent and stay close to you. I love you!

No comments: