Saturday, January 9, 2010

Thank you!

You never know when you are going to speak "hope" to someone.

I looked up "hope" online and these were a few of the results:

-something that is hoped for
-to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence
-to believe, desire, or trust
-to feel that something desired may happen
-(my favorite) hope against hope; to continue to hope, although the outlook does not warrant it.

Isn't that last one good?

I hope you have something that you are believing God for in that way. It will stretch you. It will push you. It will strengthen you. It will bless you. It will make you bend your will.

As many of you know....I am believing for God to heal my very handicapped little girl.
-I am hoping against hope.
-I am continuing to hope although the outlook doesn't warrant it.

I want to share with you and say thank you to a few people who have spoken "hope" to me.

Paren, thank you for being invested now. You are right. When He heals her...it will rock your world too because of your time spent praying for it to happen.

Wendy, thank you for sharing with me what God showed you. Thank you for unlocking your mind to the fact that God is bigger that medical constraints. Thank you for admitting to me what you had always thought and what you think now.

Liz, thank you for simply saying...."When He heals her....it won't always be this way" in one of our conversations. You don't know how many people just ignore the topic and never think to encourage me in that way. That little word, "when" lifted my spirits so much.

I don't know if these girls even read my blog. But, each one of them spoke hope to me in this last week. They ministered to me. They fought the enemy on my behalf without even knowing it I am sure.

Each day that passes is one more that I wonder if I have been wrong about it all. So, when someone speaks hope and shows me that they are standing with and beside me in my faith, it somehow lightens the load.

Ps. 62:5 "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him."

I would be incredibly rude if I did not say that God has provided a wall of people around me who tirelessly encourage me and speak "hope" on a continual basis. If I did not have these people I would be a mess. I see Christ in and through them all the time. They are His hands and feet and speak His truth to me constantly.

Shepard
Momma
Daddy
Deana
Brandi
Mande
Mandi
Marje

I love you so.......I can't wait to rejoice and party with you when our faith becomes sight!

3 comments:

Tess said...

I LOVE the stuff you looked up about "HOPE"! So good!

Believing!
T.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for that party!!! Man, what a day that will be!
Love ya,
Liz

Anonymous said...

Give me something brighter
Give me something I can see
Give me something precious
Give me something I can be
Give me all the love and peace
To end these wars
Give me something sacred
Something worth fighting for

It's clear enough to me
The ugliness I see
Is evidence of who I need

Give me an answer
Give me a way out
Give me the faith
To believe in these hard times