Monday, January 4, 2010

2010

I love the idea of "new".

I love getting new things...clothes, jewelry, books, make-up, and on and on.

I also love the idea of a new year.

2010

So many possibilities lay out before us...

New chances to take...

New moments to experience...

New memories to make....

New choices to deliberate...

I have thought a great deal about making a resolution for this new year. I have listened to others' resolutions and I admire them a lot. However, I know me. I have wrestled in my mind of what to do. I think it is good for a person to make their will bend. So many people (including me) hear of something hard and say, "I can't do that" or "That would just be too hard". So we give up before we try. We don't even give the Holy Spirit within us a chance to show us what He can do through us.

Here is what I have come up with.....To be inspired by Christ and inspire others toward Christ.

As much as I want Caroline healed or our financial situation to be improved....I would still be left wanting if those two things were different.

Yes, life would be immeasurably easier but easy doesn't push me toward Christ. Easy makes me indifferent and lazy to Him. Hard and desperate are two things that I hate but appreciate because they push me (kicking and screaming) toward my God.

I pray that in 2010, no matter what may come, that I would wake up each day waiting to be inspired by my Lord and His Word. I pray that I would put off pride and fall before Him with baited breath just waiting to hear what He would say to me. I pray that I could face the day before me with joy, thanksgiving, and anticipate what He has in store. I pray others would know that I have been with Jesus by my countenance and a confidence in Him that is both lived and spoken. To be inspired and inspire others.....

A new year...
A new season....
A new chance....

Hopefully.....a new me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorit Church in Louisiana...Pastor Ramond...For this years resolution how about simply wanting more of Jesus. Ask yourself if everything you do and say reflects Jesus Christ.
Still thinking about it. Humbled and back on the potters wheel in 2010.
Loved the blog, thank you for sharing your heart and soul.
Elaina

Tess said...

Amen! I second this!! :)

Beth Abell said...

My goal is to know Jesus as much as I can this side of Heaven and to speak of Him to every person He asks me to. The second part is where I need to "let go and let God" work.

Loving you,

Anonymous said...

I love you! Today I found your blog website. You and your family are a true blessing and I am so happy God has allowed me to share in your sunshine. Your faith is amazing and I know GOD is and will do amazing blessings for you. My prayer is that GOD bless you and your family beyond measure.
Kathy Ruff