Wednesday, May 12, 2010

These May Days

Lots of sunshine....

Outside my window I see trees swaying from a gentle breeze...

This is May in Georgia. I love it!

The hazy lazy days of summer are coming and with them comes more change.

Ava graduated from Sam Jones Pre-K today....can I tell you that I still clearly remember dropping her off when she was 18 months old? She and I loved taking the elevator because she loved pressing the buttons. We did it at 2, then at 3, steady on at 4, and today at 5 years old we did it one last time. I cried when she pressed the button. She just looked at me like I was crazy.

Caroline's last day of school is fast approaching. The time flies by....she has made tremendous progress and shown such an interest in learning on her grade level. Caroline is physically handicapped but very mentally capable. She loves reading comprehension and craft projects. Her desire to eat hasn't slowed down one bit. I just hope I can keep her stimulated and challenged....

My little Zeke will turn 2 on May 22nd. He brings such joy to our home. We ALL adore him and let him get away with way too much! He won't know what to do when we don't all go pile into the car in the morning and begin school drop-offs.
He loves any and everything to do with outside....so summertime is going to be a huge hit with him.

Shep and I both have birthdays coming up.

I will turn 33. That sounds so old. I desperately cling to the notion that the thirties are the "new 20's".

My man will turn the BIG 40! That is all I will say about that....except he still has such a baby face to me. Actually many people think we are the same age. Um, that doesn't speak too well of me does it??

Our anniversary is May 30 and we will celebrate 12 years of marriage.

So...there is a lot of prepare for and plan in the upcoming days.

Lord help me with the changes that are ahead. You know how feel. You know what makes me scared. You know what excites me. I ask You for wisdom and joy at the coming days. Help me not to look at others and compare myself, my family, or anything else. Give me strength and joy when mine gives way to fear and frustration. Would You be my portion, my rock, my hiding place? I love you Lord. Make our paths straight. Make our loads a little lighter and the days ahead a bit brighter. I am clinging to You as my Help in time of need. Forgive me for ever doubting Your plan for my life. In my weakness You are strong....

No comments: