Thursday, May 27, 2010

Week 1 of summer

I've made it to Thursday.

So far.....so good.

I share openly how nervous I get with summer's arrival. Being trapped inside is a terrible feeling for me and my kids. However, I have worked really hard to make things better and get out as much as possible.

I won't lie. Monday was rough.

I bet I looked at the clock twice every hour. You guessed it. The day dragged on and on.

Since then we have made some trips and had some play dates with friends who bend over backwards to help me. (What would I ever do without them?)

As Friday approaches I gotta tell you that God has graciously provided a great start to our summer. Each day has held it own struggle and sweetness so far.

I am not so bold to say that I am cured of this anxiety. Just trying to take it a day at a time....

2 Timothy 1:7 "God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline."

No comments: