Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Could you not...

Whenever you have something delicious to eat, you want others to try it as well.



When you try a great new restaurant, you strongly encourage others to go enjoy it for themselves.



When you see an amazing movie, you use your own words to spread the great ratings.



I'm there. Although it isn't a delicious food, a new restaurant or a great new movie.
It is old news. It is something we talk about often and do on occasion. It is prayer. God has been urging Shep and I to pray like never before. We don't understand why we are so compelled..we just are. It isn't easy....it won't ever be.



I have never been good at prayer. I lose my train of thought. I wonder if I am doing it right. I even drift off to sleep at times.



I believe something bigger is at stake. Maybe it is revival for our town and community. I don't know. Maybe God just wants to see if we will be obedient no matter how much our flesh fights against us.



I just know that I am captivated anew by prayer. Its power. Its authority.


I want undeniable change in my life and in the lives of others....addictions broken, bodies healed, minds cleansed, and families restored.



There is no other way! We want shortcuts. We want the 2 minute versions and expect God do adapt to our meager sacrifice. We want nothing to have to change for us!



In Mark chapter 14 Jesus asked his disciples, "Could you not keep watch for one hour? Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."


I want others to "catch" this too. I desire for others to actually do what they say they believe. I want others to see for themselves the power and peace that comes from prayer. It satisfies like no food, no entertainment, or any other pleasure or passion we enjoy.


I look around and I see a lot of people saying they want more of God. They get frustrated that they experience no real lasting change. They are unwilling to do what feels unnatural to them. They simply will not sacrifice their time.

God, help us. Help me! I sense an urgency for your people to pray and it seems like they just won't. I struggle terribly in this area. I need encouragement. Help me to know how to pray, what to ask, what to believe, and what to claim for You. I don't want to offer you anything that doesn't cost me something. Please bring revival to our land. So many are hurting and need a Savior. So many are bound in their own prisons of self junk and need to be set free. So many need to see You as the God you really are...not the watered down version we believe because of what our eyes see. Compel us to pray. Give us perseverance. Give us a mind set of humility and grace. Pour out Your Spirit in ways we've never seen. Take our eyes off of ourselves. Forgive us for not being obedient in prayer. Forgive us for not understanding what could be stake. Forgive us Lord!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard three times a revival started at Cartersville High School in the youth group? Personally I was revived in January the fire is still blazing hot. The Lord has me up all night praying as well during the day. We are living in the last of the last days.

The harvest is ripe and the workers are few. The Lord will send and people will hear. That was the interpretation of tongues 3 weeks ago in our little God built church. I flew home last night after a 6 day mission trip for the Lord. I see his hand at work everywhere. These are very exciting times for God’s beloved children.
Elaina

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you my daughter. Your openness speaks to me and I am sure others. Your concerns are my concerns and I am sure others. Your stand strengthen me and I am sure others.

Praying for more of Him....
Mom