Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Disabled and Disarming:)

I hope you can see the very subtle differences in these photos. Caroline is working incredibly hard to push herself up. Can you see the effort? Can you sense the victory in her face?





As I watched her roll around and push up I thought I would capture her strenuous exercise through pictures.
This is something a baby begins to do after just a few months of age....push up.
Caroline can do it now for just seconds at a time.
Then she tires out.
But I had to brag on her effort and tenacity.
She is my disabled child. She is disabled in that she cannot do many things.....talk, eat, hold toys, sit, stand, or walk.
She is also my disarming child. Disarming means winning favor or confidence. She wins the favor of all who meet her. They fall in love with her gentle spirit. Her knowing and deep eyes reel you in and tell you stories that her mouth cannot. So many people have privately disclosed to me of their strange love for her. They don't really know her...yet she has changed them personally.
Isn't that just like God?
He takes something weak, broken, and disabled and uses her to make others whole in personal areas.
Today I just wanted to applaud her! She is my girl. My sweet pea. My little biscuit.
Her laugh takes me places and I am so proud to be her mommy.
1 Corinthians 1:27 "God uses the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong."

3 comments:

Dr J said...

She is one of my favorite heroes!!!
Im excited about her getting about!
Gosh I wish I could have a loooong talk with her.....
see ya soon.
God Bless all you guys.

Steph said...

Andrea,

She is amazing! Love that sweet girl.

Steph

Anonymous said...

A wonderful blog!!!! Caroline and I know each other very well.....in the spirit. She looks in my eyes, I look in her eyes and "we talk".
Love her ......... she is with me every day.