Sunday, September 19, 2010

Saved and Savored

Revelation 5:8 says, "And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints."



I have been saying that God is working in my life in the area of prayer. It is usually Him working out the lumps in this stubborn ball of clay that is me.


Along with studying prayer I am going through a Bible study on Revelation (Beth Moore's version). This book of the Bible always scared me growing up....it still scares me a little but it intrigues me more. I have never pretended to have God figured out but He takes the cake on the grand finale of His story for the world. It is beyond mind-blowing!

As prayer was mentioned in the verse above it just sent a cool picture through my mind.

God Almighty who sits on His throne....who reigns over all....who spoke creation into being....who redeemed me.....who still shows me mercy.....

SAVES and SAVORS my PRAYERS!

He keeps them in bowls. My (and your) prayers must mean a lot to Him if He keeps them in bowls.

What do you keep?

Unless you are a hoarder, you only keep things that are precious to you. These are things that money can't even buy.

And incense, what do you think of with incense? I think of a pleasant aroma....a sweet fragrance. A gardenia bush in full bloom will cause me to pause just to stoop down and give my nose a treat!

Can you picture this?

God. All-knowing. All-powerful. All-encompassing. The Great I AM.

Waits on you to pray.

Wants you to pray.

Wishes you would pray.

Watches for you to pray.

Woos you to pray......

so He then can save and savor your words to Him!

Amazing! What a savior!!!


1 comment:

Jacquelyn Ray said...

We won't stop praying for Caroline until the bowl is full! If anything, I believe now more than ever her miracle is coming! Thank you for sharing this book with me. It has truly renewed my desire to pray....I love you sweet friend! I am ready for a morning of singing at the tops of our lungs :)