Wednesday, February 9, 2011

His cute cowlick..

My little boy....the cutest thing in my universe.

To know him is to absolutely love him. The way he talks and gets his words out of order....so stinking cute.

When it is nap time and he doesn't want to go he will say, "Not want it~ take a nap...not want it."

I told you. Too cute.

Anyway we have a ritual several times a day (usually in the morning) that involves me wetting his hair to try to make it lie down. Needless to say...most of the time I am wasting my energy because it is NOT going to lay down. He has a cowlick. It is right smack on the crown of his head.

See I used to be one of those critical women who would see little boys with their hair sticking up and I would think, "Why would his mother not comb his hair?"

Well, I am sufficiently paying for my judgmental and critical attitude.
I am that mother! .....and
I do comb his hair!

It just doesn't seem to help at all!

NO amount of combing, brushing, or wetting can make it lie down. We are just doomed to have a cowlick.

I will admit though that having this little boy has cured me of judging other little boys' hair. Now when I see a little boy with seemingly unkempt hair I just grin. Not only does it remind me of my little man, but it melts my mama heart and I find it irresistibly cute.

It takes having one to appreciate one.


Thank you God for using my son's cowlick to convict me of needless judgment and criticism. I hate those two traits and I especially hate them in myself. It seems silly to uncover this about myself in something so trivial but I want sin rooted out of me no matter how big or small it is.

3 comments:

Beth Abell said...

Then i guess you get a good laugh at my boys LOL their hair is all over the place all the time :)

Craig said...

We had a barber say to us once about Grif's hair:
"Cowlick?- Looks like the whole herd got a hold of him!" Too cute!
C

Mel said...

Thank you for sharing from your heart...this lesson is much bigger than just a cowlick...and it applies to me, too!!! Thanks again!