Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Young Writer

Something really neat and unexpected happened on Friday.

I attended the K-2 talent show at the girl's school. Ava's little kindergarten class was singing a cute song in hip-hop style...complete with ban-dana do-rags on their heads, sunglasses, and bling-bling. Yes, you heard right.

My five year old needed bling-bling to look the part.

Anyway, the show was a success and I must say that there are a number of talented kids at their school. I was really impressed!

Before I left, Ava's teacher told me that she had asked a few kids to do a writing assignment. (Now I must tell you that Ava is learning to read and she cannot write much at all so I was interested to know how this all played out.)

She had chosen Ava's writing piece to send in to the Young Writer's Workshop and needed me to sign the permission form.

Then came the unexpected part~ she said, "I can't wait for you to read what she wrote. It is so sweet. It is about Caroline."

Tears immediately sprang to my eyes when I thought of my little 5 year old girl. She is ever tender and incredibly intuitive.

As soon as her teacher told me it was about Caroline I knew what the subject would be.

I will type out for you what Ava wrote: (I am spelling the words correctly...she had to sound them out so they were not spelled right at all)

"I hope my sister would get healed.
My sister might get healed in a few weeks.
I hope it is true.
If she gets healed I will be happy."

These four sentences take up most of the page in her handwriting. I have the copy that her teacher made for me and it will go in a most special place.

My heart just expands with gratitude to my God!!

My prayer for my children is to love God....to pursue God....to enjoy a relationship with God...and most of all to BELIEVE GOD FOR ANYTHING!

He is answering that prayer.

Her little writing assignment speaks of hope, expectancy, and child-like faith.

We could all learn something from my little writer...don't you think!?!

I will end with my third scripture memory verse for the year~"Now unto Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine according to the power at work within us!" Ephesians 3:20

1 comment:

marjorieellen said...

Oh, how very precious. And what great hope. yes, yes.