Monday, March 12, 2012

A Quick One..

I just wanted to get on here and blog for a moment.

Mainly to change my personal scenery from something other than a bathroom or a toilet.

Zeke and I are battling a pest of a stomach bug. Thankfully not puking. Just all the fun in the other direction....did I mention frequent as well?!?

Anyway, this blog is a ball of fun to me.

I have often said that it is better than therapy.

I know a few people that follow it but I would love to think that God sees the faces of those who read and maybe laugh, ponder, hope, cry and pray along with me.

Some of the folks I follow in the blog world never truly know the impact that they have on me. Their faith speaks to me on days when I am down. There is something truly sweet about sharing victories and dividing sorrows even when we are kind of unaware of it. God is good like that.

Anyway I ran across a quote last week that has truly ministered to me. I hope it does the same for you.

"I have learned that faith means trusting in advance what will only make sense in reverse."
-Philip Yancey

Sense and God don't seem to marry much in my life. I am not saying that God tells me not to be wise or logical sometimes. But He clearly calls me to things that go against what is logical to most folks.

This quote helped that go down a little easier for me.

Much of what I believe will only make sense after God works it all out.

No comments: