Sunday, March 25, 2012

Think about such things...

I have had a few days to breathe...pray...and ponder since that H E A V Y blog post on Friday. No doubt anyone who read it could see that I was in the thick of a spiritual battle.

I am happy to report that God won.
This soldier was down and out for a bit but now she is up and at it again.

That blog was a perfect example of what can happen when a follower of Christ stops listening to the direction of the Holy Spirit and instead listens to reason and logic....and the advice of others who are well-meaning but out of the loop as to God's will for my life.

Big mistake.

I did. And I spiraled down into depressions pit.

I have been there many many times before.

I thought I knew what to avoid. Obviously I was wrong.

Lesson learned. Hopefully a future scenario can be avoided or maybe someone reading this can be warned and heed my advice.

Or the advice of Jesus Christ from His Word.

He tells us in Isaiah 26:3-4 "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you; all whose thoughts are fixed on you. Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal rock."

I did not have perfect peace on Friday because my thoughts were not fixed upon Him. I allowed my focus to shift.

Jesus Christ must be my center. The fixture that everything else hinges upon. He is the only Rock that is immovable. He didn't move on Friday. I did.

Thankfully Saturday was a gift waiting for me.

You saw in the first photo the three adorable kids piled up in the back seat of Daddy's ride. We were off for a picnic and some hiking.

I needed to re-wire my brain. I needed to be reverent and quiet before my Creator God. I couldn't think of a better place to do that than the great outdoors.

And Shep always leads us to the perfect destination.


We picked up this little fella trying to cross the road. Ava just had to hold it in the car. It never once peeked out of it's shell.
Zeke took this picture. Can't you tell the angle is from below? He was so proud of his 3 and a half year old self. I see now that not wearing a stitch of make-up was a poor choice for me. Shep, of course, always looks good.
God allowed us to have this spot all to ourselves!
The view was spectacular! This deck provided a perfect spot to spread our picnic and take in a breathtaking panoramic view.
I love watching nature wake up to Spring. It was such a treat to see the dogwoods in bloom and the buds of new little leaves coming out everywhere.
Shep is getting really good at using the timer function on my camera. Here we are!

God revealed Himself to me all day long. He used the smiles on the faces of the ones I love. His creation spoke of newness and life. The air smelled sweet. The breezes seemed to kiss my face and speak of His love for me. It was a respite for my soul.

Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things."

No comments: