Monday, August 27, 2012

Productive and pouty

Happy Monday.  I refuse to say anything else because I am choosing some joy on this Monday.  How about you?

In this season of my life I usually put most of my errand running on Mondays.  We need something to make us feel better about the beginning of a new week, right?  So a little productivity is usually just what the doctor ordered.

I check things off of my list. (yes, I am a list girl)

Then I begin my out-loud discussions with the Lord...

So what do You have for me today?

~Quiet~

Not being happy with the quiet, I decide to force an answer.  So I begin making calls and looking for things that surely God would have me do.

~Nothing~

I decide to call to one of my best pals.  ( I need something to fill the silence)  I moan to her that God is not getting on with giving me a plan for this season.  And she did what only best pals can do.  She spoke some timely truth, "Andrea, I love  you honey, but patience is not your strong suit."

Well there it is.

She went on to quote a bible teacher that she had been listening to recently who said, "God works in two ways....suddenly and SLOWLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY."

This was down right funny to me.  And oh so true.

If you have been walking with God for any length of time then you can attest to this as well.

It seems to me that when God has something He wants me to do, it comes along suddenly.

But when I have something I want God to do...He seems very consistent in His slow and steady nature.

Now this isn't always the case but it does seem like His way more often than not.

Obviously today was a day to sit at His feet and be taught.  After I came home, unloaded groceries, and ate some lunch I decided to work on my bible study.

It was good.
It was needed.

I still sit here with no immediate plan.  But as God showed me in His Word He is the one who reveals mysteries.  The only One.  (Daniel 2:28)

At this very moment my life and purpose seems awfully mysterious but I will continue to pursue the One who can reveal it to me in His time and in His way.

But the pout is gone....at least for now.







No comments: