Sunday, August 5, 2012

Watching Redemption Happen...

 I have been chomping at the bit to write this post.  Why?  Because it is a great love story...AND because some of us need to hear, and see, and miracle of redemption.  I obtained permission to write this post.  It is a true story.  It involves people I know and love.  Real people living real lives.  Lives that our enemy wanted to destroy.  For the last year this marriage has been headed straight for divorce.  They would even tell you themselves that they saw no real chance of reconciliation.  BUT GOD did. 
 The enemy did his best to kill hope and bury the truth.  He sought to rob this family of love, commitment, perseverance, kindness, joy, and faith.  BUT GOD brought it back.
 I took these pictures one week ago.  We got to attend a vow renewal ceremony.  Let me just say, I wouldn't have missed it for the world!!  I wish the pictures were better quality but it was the best my i-phone could pull off.  Not to mention the operator (me) kept having to steady her shaking hands and wipe tears away from her joy-filled eyes.
 This family has been miraculously put back together.  It was a celebration of God's goodness.  Those of us who were there were witnessing the answer to our many many face-down prayers.  I can remember praying week after week and month after month.  There was nothing new to report.  The situation felt incredibly hopeless.  From all earthly angles this marriage was over.  Lawyers for both sides had done their jobs.  The hours ticked down for the judge to simply sign the papers.  BUT GOD intervened at what seemed like the ninth hour.
 I cannot tell you how their story has strengthened my faith.  When you feel the utter hopelessness of it for almost a year~ the sight of this victorious renewal made it all fade to nothing.  Excitement and hope oozed from every person in attendance.  Because we knew.  We knew how far this really had come from tragedy.  We knew the miracle that God had done to bring them back to each other.  Every prayer I prayed on their behalf was completely worth it.  I got a front row seat to a miracle.  Redemption in its sweetest form.  A groom and his bride.  The fairy tale we all love. 
They rode off together on the motorcycle that sparked their second "first" date.  We all sighed collectively over a triumph for God's team.  But we know that this isn't always the way it turns out.  I still have people I love dearly running head long in the opposite direction of God.  My primary role in this whole situation was prayer.  It was hard.  It felt empty sometimes.  But I didn't stop.  And I won't stop for the others either.  Because redemption is available to all.  And I want more front row seats to miracles.

No comments: