Thursday, December 11, 2008

Busy days...
















I don't feel like I have had time to sit down...much less update my blog. However, every day I have had so many thoughts that I wanted and intended to post.
This past weekend was a great time! Shep, myself, and the kiddos went to my hometown in Alabama (no bama jokes required) to attend our family reunion and visit with some other family we haven't seen in some time. The whole trip was outstanding!! I really needed it. I told Shep on the ride over that I kind of felt like my life growing up in Alabama almost feels like it never happened. I think it is because we hardly ever go back and visit. I couldn't wait to just drive past my grandparent's house and visit their grave sites. Doing all of that somehow brings back the reality that my childhood really did happen....many memories of family birthdays, sleep-overs, Easter-egg hunts, and Christmas mornings come flooding back. It is amazing to me that their house used to be like my second home. Now, it is just another place. Anyway, I don't want to focus on the nostalgia of it all because we had an awesome time.

The family reunion was fun. Seeing folks I haven't seen in so long was like medicine to my soul. I am a family girl...and I didn't really realize how much I missed my extended family. Lots of hugging, squeezing, eating, laughing, talking, kissing babies, and catching up on details with everyone...it was great!

Then we finished off our day by going to my aunt and uncle's to watch the Alabama-Florida game....sorry Bama!! There was more hugging, squeezing, laughing, eating, talking, and playing with the kids. It was a blast!! Sometimes we forget how much FUN just being together can be. Shep and I really didn't want to leave. We both knew how badly we needed that time to just be around people that love you and encourage you. It really just felt great to be "at home". I hope we can do it again soon.










No comments: