Thursday, December 18, 2008

Precious in His sight



How sweet is this?? Ava has begun trying to pray "real" prayers. What I mean is...something more than "God is great. God is good. Let us thank Him for our food...". Don't get me wrong, I know that He considers that as prayer too. But, what I mean is she has begun to thank Him and ask Him for things on her own. She loves to thank God for God and Jesus. She also loves to pray for Caroline's healing...so she can walk and play with her. She prays for whatever else may come to her mind. Yesterday she heard her little brother cough. She looked at me and said, "momma, I am gonna pray for Zeke to feel better". Well, pray she did! I sat and watched this little 3 year old approach the Almighty with such sweet assurance. It took my breath away. I wanted to pause time and just bask in that precious moment with her.

Oh Father, help me to guide these little ones into a real relationship with you. One that is as natural to them as breathing. I know that they watch me and all that I do and say. I want them to see me talking to you, praising you, asking you for help, and submitting to you all through out my days with them.

Bless my children. Thank you for entrusting them to me for this time.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Andrea,

What a precious reminder of why we are suppose to approach the Almighty with the faith of a child.

Steph