Thursday, December 18, 2008

Girl time

I don't know what I would do without my weekly accountability from the Thursday morning Bible study ladies. They are such a huge blessing to me. We like each other so much that we have been meeting for the last 3 weeks and we have been finished with our study. We just wanted to meet, review, share, and pray. It is a wonderful mixture of women ranging in age from their 60's to their 20's. I always feel better for going. My sisters in there always encourage me or God uses them to speak a strong word to me. Today was no different! Thank you Elizabeth, Deana, and Amy. There were different things that you all said today that I really needed to hear.
What I hope to remember from today's meeting:

True intimacy with Jesus breeds humility

The closer we get to Christ the more His light sheds upon our sins...(not to condemn, but to correct so we can be more like Him)

His glory on our lives can be offensive to others...especially believers who might be convicted.
(this one is hard for me...I don't like it when others aren't pleased with me...I am a pleas er by nature)

Lastly, be thankful! Be a thankful and grateful person. Deana's question, "What if God took away everything that you were not thankful for"? Yikes!!! That is tough...but good to think about!! Oh, how we have mounds and mounds to be thankful for
-family
-friends (to list them all would take days)
-freedom
-warm house
-salvation
-food
-vehicles
When we list it out...things suddenly seem a little brighter. My list is much longer, but time or space would not permit all that I have to be thankful.

Anyway, it was so good! It ministered to me and I needed it.

No comments: