Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Don't think....believe!

O.k. so this blog is for me.

I haven't felt great for the past few days...physically. Just a cold at first and now making itself known as a full blown infection. Yuck!

Anyway, today and yesterday haven't been great for me. I have been thinking way too much.

I don't know about you....but if I am left with my thoughts for too long...I get discouraged, depressed and before I know it....all faith is out the window with my sanity not too far behind.

My mind wants to make things logical. My mind wants everything to make sense.

God, on the other hand, works in ways that usually counter the logical mind. He almost never makes sense.

This has caused me some grief these past couple of days.

What I want for Christmas is no different than what I want every other day of the year....for God to supernaturally HEAL Caroline.

As I think too much about this it becomes ridiculous to me. The same questions come flooding in...
"How will He do this?"
"This is too impossible."
"Miracles don't happen any more do they?"
"Where will it happen?"
"Have I been wrong about all of this?"

So, I am reminding myself.....STOP THINKING!!!

Just simply believe.
Believe who GOD is.
Believe all He has done.
Believe His Word is true.
Believe He is powerful.
Believe He never fails.
Believe what He has told me. Believe what He continues to confirm to me.

Believe Him more than logical sense.
Believe He can stop time.
Believe He can change things in a moment.
Believe....don't think.....believe.

God I love you. Lord, I am such a weak child. I need You more today than I did yesterday. My mind is bombarded with needing things to make sense. They just don't right now and I need to be ok with that. Help me Father. I am crawling into your lap and asking you to speak peace to me. Sing over me....sing over the thoughts that attack me. Help me to hear your song. Keep me in your will today. Keep me believing....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrea/Shep,
Just heard and downloaded a great new song from Newsong. It's called God hears and i thought of you guys. If you get a chance listen to it. It's a mighty message!
Donnie