Sunday, December 6, 2009

Early Gifts




(These are a few snapshots of our weekend...waking up to snow...family snapshot on Saturday and the John Berry concert with our friends.)






This was a great weekend packed with little gifts that I didn't even get to open. They were just given to me.


That is how sweet God is to His kids. He graces us with "little joys" to see His kids light up with joy...and I did just that!
Thursday night was the annual Christmas parade in our small town. Shep and I have NOT gone since Caroline was small. She is incredibly sensitive to loud noises so we have opted out of going. We decided that we would give it a try this year. It was the right thing. It was freezing cold. We were huddled up with friends. Christmas was in the air. She endured the fire engines and then did beautifully the rest of the parade. What a praise and an accomplishment!!


Friday night we stayed in as a family...popped popcorn and watch movies. I fixed bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches (a family favorite) and we just chilled together.

Saturday morning I woke up to huge snowflakes falling outside. It was beautiful! We stood in front of the windows and marveled at this unexpected delight. It didn't last...this is Georgia of course. But, it was beautiful to see.


Our day Saturday was packed. We rode to Alabama for a family reunion. We were busy every moment but I am so glad we went. Hugging my aunts, uncles, and cousins was a treat that I won't get again any time soon. Nostalgia almost knocks you over. These are the people that loved me, fed me, gave me presents, played with me, watched me pitch fits, spanked my bottom when I got in trouble, and spent every holiday with me. Just seeing them filled my heart with home.

Saturday night we rushed back to join some friends for the John Berry Christmas concert.
It was more like a church service than a concert. The Lord was very present in that place. My spirit was stirred and my heart praised God for this glorious season. Christmas is all about hope. Jesus is our hope. He is the only thing that gets me through the day. It was refreshing to hear an accomplished artist brag on my Savior. I highly recommend seeing his show. It ushers in the Christmas season like nothing else....

Today was church day. It is always good to be around my church family. I love the familiarity of faces and just being there feels good.

The preschoolers sang today on stage. I cracked up to watch my Ava (in both services) walk right up to the spot directly in front of the microphone. She isn't shy at all. She sees me sing with a microphone all the time so why should she do any different?? It was precious.

Our prayer time tonight was quaint and powerful. Simple and so moving. I believe the heart of God moves when His people pray and cry out to Him.

As we headed to church, Shep and I listened as Ava talked on her "play" cell phone. She told Mary that she would soon have a son and call him Jesus. She told her that she would have to go to Bethlehem with Joseph. It was really cute! She is a little 4 year old sponge. Lord-help me!!














No comments: