Thursday, December 10, 2009

NEW for me

Do you ever get tired of you?

I get tired of me.

If you know me...you get tired of me.

I cycle in and out of the same junk.

I am believing God hard core one day and then the next day I am coming close to lapsing into depression.

"Are you gonna heal her?"
"Am I crazy?"
"Will You provide for us?"
"How will we make it?"

These are my thoughts on a daily basis. How's that for blatant honesty?

However, these past few weeks I have noticed something new.

Revelation 21:5 says "Behold, I make all things new..."

I sense revival inside of me. Newness.

Can't really describe it. It feels good.

What am I doing differently? Has God finally gotten me to the place where I can just take Him in?

I notice this little change in every area...more patience with my kids...an urgency to witness to others and actually doing it...finding real joy in the mundane....and loving Shep and enjoying him even more than I thought possible.

Thank you God for this newness in me. I know it is from You because I couldn't manufacture it even if I wanted to. I am getting a kick out of seeing me do things that I know I normally wouldn't want to do. I am constantly amazed at Your handiwork. How You put up with me and my antics I'll never know but I sense Your love and Your power at work in me. Thank you Father for giving me something NEW.

No comments: