Friday, February 5, 2010

Confession

I just wanted to quickly send out a note. I confessed to our ladies Bible study group that I had not written on my blog this week because I didn't want to write my thoughts.

Actually, I am a bit cautious about sharing my thoughts.

Caroline's appetite is unbelievable! She wants to eat all the time. Her head control is still bad (which makes eating very difficult) but she WANTS it.

She has been eating popcorn, cereal, chips, ice cream, and anything else we offer her.

She has also been more interested in drinking from a sippy cup. She actually took 2 oz by mouth at two separate feedings the other day totaling 4 oz in all. She has NEVER done that!

Here is where I am cautious....I don't want to get too excited. That may sound crazy to you, but Caroline has done this before where she has had seasons of success only to regress later. That has happened so many times that Shep and I have become somewhat guarded about allowing ourselves to be too excited.

This is where I have come on this.

I praise Him.
My soul delights in Him.
I will honor and praise Him for what we have seen.
I am not going to get ahead of myself and try not to focus on what has happened before.

Today is today. We are seeing progress.
Praise God!

I ask for more.
I pray the complete healing is close at hand.
No matter what...I praise my God and Savior for all He has done!

2 comments:

Craig said...

What a miracle!! I am excited over the "mountain-top" experience at which you find yourselves!! I love it and praise God for this!

marjorieellen said...

I continue to thank the Lord for the strength that He provides for you and the assurance that He gives each of us to know that the healing that He promised for Caroline will be fulfilled!!
AMEN