Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Shout to the Lord!!

We are having to make wonderful adjustments at our house.

A switch has been flipped and Caroline has become my little piggy.

She eats all the time. She wants it all the time. It is like a part of her has awakened and she is ready to make up for lost time.

I must praise Him!
I am in awe of His works!
I am blessed to witness the wonder of this miracle in the making!

I have just been giddy with God and telling him how awesome this is...like He doesn't know?!?

If the rest of her healing comes like her appetite has then it will be a sight to behold.

The "was not" now "is".
The "could not" is now "can do".

He is doing the impossible right before us.

Hallelujah! Praise You Lord!

I want to also add that these are probably the hardest days that Shep and I have had to endure. We have been facing financial, spiritual, and emotional giants that seemed to loom over us and brag of their victory.

He is doing a "new" thing in the face of these giants. The giants are still there. Nothing has really changed in our circumstances...they still look dire. But, in His sovereignty, he has chosen this time to bless us beyond the natural realm.

No amount of money could buy us the hope and joy that He has begun to show us in Caroline.

Of course, I want to jump way ahead of Him (like always) and begin thinking that this is the beginning of her healing. I want to just sit, wait, and watch.

Oh God help me not to get ahead of you. Help me to follow where you lead. You know how long we have waited and how much we want this. You've seen each tear and heard each plea. Give me strength for each day as needed. Fill me with Your Spirit so I won't allow the old Andrea to take over and do her own thing. I am so excited to see her so adamant about eating. Continue to work in her little body. Strengthen her head control so eating will be even better. We desire to see her frail frame fill out, her weak limbs to become strong and functioning, her mouth to speak and sing but most of all for YOU to be glorified above everything else. Your time is best. Help me rest in that.

"Our present troubles are quite small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever! So we don't look at the troubles we can see right now; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever."

5 comments:

Anne said...

Continuing to pray! PTL for answered prayer.

Craig said...

Absolutely exciting!!!

marjorieellen said...

YES, YES, YES!!!
spiritual eyes,
listening ears,
a heart of wisdom

WOW

Anonymous said...

"Shouting out to the Lord" from Euharlee, GA and Sorrento, LA as we rejoice with you singing Holy Holy Holy.

Hallelujah!

Still standing in faith with you.

Elaina

Tess said...

I'm so pumped!!! Yes!! Glory to God!!!