Wednesday, February 10, 2010

a FIRST for me...

As I blogged before, we are amazed at the change Caroline has taken in her "want to" for eating.

She has been completely g-tube fed for her entire life. She has NEVER shown much of an interest in food. We have always offered her what we had to eat, but she would shut down.

This transition is a bit surreal for me...and this morning it got even better.

Caroline over heard me talking to her little sister about preparing her lunch to take to school. She immediately began to kick and make noises to indicate that she too would like to be included in that deal.

So----there it was-----something so simple. She wanted me to make her a lunch to take to school.

You can't imagine how it felt.

I couldn't wait! I was getting to do this for her for the first time ever.

It was surreal.

I look forward with eager anticipation for many more "first times."

a first word
a first step
a first hug
a first kiss
a first dance
a first question
a first answer
a first time hearing her pitter-patter through out the house
a first time playing "dress up" with her sister
a first prayer

I am in awe of YOU tonight. Lord, I don't know what else to say. Words fail me but you know how full my heart is. Today was so special. I will never forget what it felt like. Thank you for that. You already know I am so ready for more....more....more....but again I ask for patience and peace during your time line. Help me savor each moment...we want to remember it all. Every bit of thankfulness I have belongs to You. I am humbled to be her mother and Your child.

2 comments:

Craig said...

I do believe I might have to make that young lady a pound cake and see how that strikes her!!
I love the changes!! God is working a miracle for His glory!

Lauren said...

This brings tears of absolute joy to my eyes! God is so good!