Wednesday, June 30, 2010

AWAY......




It was only two nights away but the good that it did for my soul was more than I can describe.
Life has been living us for the past two months or so....
This campaign and taking care of our kids, Shep's business, church commitments and everything else can pile up and before you know it...you're running on empty.



God provided some wonderful friends and family to help us out with the kids so we could just get away...briefly!
We laughed....slept in.....laughed some more.....ate yummy food...saw amazing sights on the motorcycle...laughed even more and didn't talk much at all about life's current circumstances. It was great!
(Can you see the famous Fontana Dam behind us in the picture...this is the one Harrison Ford jumps from in the movie "The Fugitive")
Anyway, we got to share our time with some of our dearest and best friends on earth....Derrick and D. (that is my name for her) Usually another couple, JP and Lulu, (my name for her) who are also some of the dearest people to us get to come but they had to pass this time!

We went back to a favorite spot in Waynesville NC. The views are spectacular and the ride is just far enough away to feel like you have really been away.
I will tell you a funny one on me..
Shep and I were lounging at the pool. I was trying to read but somehow I ended up falling asleep. I woke up to my own self snoring really loud and Shep laughing at me!
What can I say???





I told you all that we have been crazy busy and my body desperately needed the rest!
Thank you Lord for the provision to go and the memories that were made!


Anything good I have or experience comes from You and You alone!!!

2 comments:

Steph said...

I'm glad that you all had a chance to get away for a little bit. I surly understand that running on empty feeling!!!

Love you,
Steph

Joyful Mother said...

I just found your blog and will be praying for your family as you wait on Him for healing. Waiting is hard (I blogged about it today).