Saturday, August 28, 2010

Time well spent



I have not posted in a week because I have been on vacation.
Let me first say an enormous THANK YOU to my parents and Ms. Linda for caring for my little ones while Shep and I got away.
I missed them terribly. I cried over them when we left and my arms ached every time I saw other kids their age. Coming home to them was so much fun. It was like Christmas in August...except WE WERE the presents. We were ALL they wanted!
Now back to the trip.
We got to go to Okaloosa Island (near Destin) and enjoy the first part of the trip with some great and amazing friends and then finish off the trip with some alone time with my man.



Donna and Craig are a laugh a minute. We so enjoyed our time with them. It does not begin to make up for the countless hours and work that Craig poured into the campaign but the laughs and talks we had were worth it. We have known Donna and Craig for quite some time but only in the past few months has God opened some really cool doors for deeper friendship.


The other couple might as well be our family. Derrick and D (what I call her) are cherished friends and help us walk and live by faith.
I gain strength just by their presence....we are so blessed to know them! Plus...she holds my feet the fire like no one else I know! (We missed you JP and Lulu :)


I am pretty sure I gained 5 pounds (who cares)?? The food was delicious! I tried trigger fish and absolutely loved it! I read 4 books, learned to do the stand-up paddle boarding, and rode waves til I was sick.
Shep and I watched movies, talked, laughed, slept, and loved every moment we got together!
Every good thing I get to enjoy comes from Your hands Lord. I acknowledge that You are the biggest blessing in my life. My husband, my children, these friends...they are all a picture of Your grace and goodness toward me. I love You. I am filled to overflowing with thankfulness. Help my children to remember and cherish the times and memories made without us this week. I thank You for my parents and Ms. Linda and the love that so easily flows from them.


2 comments:

marjorieellen said...

Happy that you had such a wonderful time......you two are God's CHOSEN COUPLE!!!.
love you.

Craig said...

Too much fun!! Thank you, thank you!! We had a blast!