Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A major boo-boo








We had BIG plans last night to carve our pumpkin.

Funny how 10 seconds can change your plans. I had rolled Caroline out onto our front porch with Ava and Zeke tagging along. I went back inside to grab our carving tools and heard the front door open and screams coming from outside.

Somehow Caroline's wheelchair was moved and she went down 3 rock steps and landed face down (still strapped in her chair) on the cement walkway.

Let me just stop here to say Praise God she is fine!!! Thank you to all who prayed and asked God for a good report. So many of our friends and family went to their knees on our behalf and prayed that Caroline's head would be okay.



Despite an enormous bump, lots of scrapes and now a black eye...she is doing good.



Our next door neighbor is a pediatrician and she was on the scene within minutes to examine Caroline. She felt like Caroline would be okay but encouraged us to take her to the ER to get checked out.

We waited for a loooooooooooong time but after a CT scan and a couple of x-rays we were released to come home.

She was such a trooper. We thank God Almighty for watching over our girl and placing all the appropriate people around us to help out.






I did want to include this picture of my goofball husband doing his best to make lemonade out of lemons at the hospital.

We were fresh out of smiles until Shep did this little trick for us.

In case you are wondering how this glove got on his head and blown up.

He blew it up with his nose. Yes, you heard me correctly.

His nose.

Oh, the things we will do to see our children smile.

Anyway we are gonna try to carve the pumpkin again tonight.

By the Lord's grace...we won't be making another trip to the hospital.:)

5 comments:

Beth Abell said...

bless her little soul! You can see the pain for her on your and Shep's faces. I know that was agonizing to go through, but God is so good and kept her safe. All praise to Him :)

Anonymous said...

Am praying for a great and safe pumkin carving tonite!! Love that Caroline.......thank you Lord for her protection!

Anonymous said...

Praise God she is alright. God is good. I will keep her and you in my prayers for a quick & speedy recovery. I love you, Peg

Anonymous said...

Oh Andrea...those pics make me hurt! Please kiss her for me. Thank the LORD she is ok!!! PRAYING hard for all of you!! Love you, E

Dellie Kay said...

Oh, I so hurt for all of you when I read the message from Frank! I was so worried about Caroline and knew what you would be feeling. I am so glad that she is not hurt anymore than she is. I am so sorry for those scratches and bruises! Bless her little heart, and I pray for all of you!