Friday, October 22, 2010

My silly hissy fit:)



This little guy is totally responsible for my hissy fit. There I was innocently cleaning up the bathroom. I emptied the trash and saw what I thought to be a clump of black hair. Obviously not looking closely enough, I reached down and carelessly grabbed at the black object.

That is when it starting wiggling in my fingers (thank God it didn't sting me). I immediately flung the object out of sight. Then I had the sickening feeling that I may have flung it in my hair.

This is when the hissy fit ensued. I jumped, kicked, screamed and yes, squealed like a little girl.

Then I found the culprit out in the hall. I regained my composure....thanked God again that Shep nor the kids had witnessed by ridiculous little fit, took a picture for good measure and then let the little thing smother to death between mounds of toilet paper.







Because I needed to calm my shaken up nerves, I headed to the kitchen to have not 1 but 2 of my favorite funfetti cupcakes.


It did the trick. The scorpion was soon forgotten as I completely enjoyed the gooey goodness. I made 24 cupcakes and I seriously think I ate 10 of them myself. (not all at one time:)

Embarrassing but true!

Ava wanted to take this picture of me with our pumpkin....she is only 5 but loves taking pictures!












These pictures are from week before last. It was favorite team night at Awanas for church. The kids decked out in their Georgia best and I snapped a few shots of them










My handsome boy!








Shep got out last Saturday morning and helped the kids build a fort.


As you can see, it was a big hit!
They sat in their fort for well over an hour and listened to their daddy do what he does so well------tell stories!
They weren't really happy about me invading their space to take pictures but oh well, being a mom has its privileges.
We get an all-access pass for pictures, right?!?









This is how Caroline's face looked at the beginning of this past week. It is already so much better now.











We're ready for the weekend!


2 comments:

Steph said...

I would have had a hissy fit also. Me and creepy crawly things do not get along well.

Love that picture that Ava took of you.

Love ya!
Steph

Scott said...

I beg to differ. That wasn't a hissy fit but a completely rational response to a mini-pawn of Satan invading your home.