Thursday, December 9, 2010

Habakkuk who??

Please tell me I get to sound super spiritual since God seriously used the book of Habakkuk to speak some encouragement to me?!?

Yes, the book of Habakkuk is tucked into the old testament (you could easily miss it) between the books of Nahum (easy to miss too) and Zephaniah. I have been using God's Word for most of my life and I still have to check the front table of contents the see where these books are located.

Anyway, the passage was a part of our Bible study this week.

Habakkuk 3:19 says, "The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to walk on the mountain heights."

I remembered in my mind seeing goats up on these super steep hills when we went to Israel. I could not believe how these animals ran, played, walked and even rested on these straight up and down mountain sides.

I thought about how terrified I would be if I had to maneuver those angled peaks and try to keep my balance at the same time.

Yet, God's Word tells me that I will have to go to some steep places in my life. Some places where the fall would be certain destruction. Places where each step would require proper placement of my feet.

I don't know about you but lots of days I feel like God has allowed me to be out on a ledge. He allows the edges of my life to be jagged and uncertain. What I want is steady and solid ground. He beckons me to run, walk, play, and even rest on these uneven and steep places. He says He will enable my feet to walk with ease.

So, I hope that speaks to you.

My God can make my paths straight but He can also make sturdy my feet on crooked and steep paths. He is just cool like that.


Now...if I will just trust these God guided feet and lift up my eyes to enjoy the view!!!

No comments: