Monday, December 20, 2010

A New Look

My sweet friend Tess came over this morning to visit and exchange Christmas gifts.

She is several years younger than me and our friendship really started around the notion that I would mentor her.

That just makes me laugh now.

I can't tell you how many times that shoe has switched feet.

The fire of God is shut up in that girl's bones and everyone that comes in contact with her knows it.

She pushes me toward Christ. She pushes me to love His Word. She pushes me to memorize scripture. She pushes me through prayer.

Back to this morning....

Being the young and super hip girl she is, she wanted to give my blog a more updated look. She had some great ideas and she really wanted to use a specific photo.

I was on board completely. Especially given the fact that I am scared to mess with computers and she was offering to do it all herself.


4 hours later it was done. It still needs to be tweaked a bit but right now we are just thankful to still have my blog. Everything that could go wrong DID. Pictures wouldn't work. Templates wouldn't work. The site meter wouldn't work. The colors wouldn't work. And just think I am leaving out all of the details entailing our wonderfully behaved children during this small disaster.

I got tickled at Tess during all of this. She was consistent at calling on the name of Jesus amidst her work at the keyboard. With every stroke it seemed something else would unravel and it was then that I was convinced my computer must have been possessed by the devil himself.

Needless to say...my blog and our friendship survived unscathed.

I love her so much.

She is such a champion and warrior for the faith....and her support for me is relentless as well.

Hope you like the new look!

It was a lot of work....

God Bless you T!

4 comments:

Tess said...

OMG!! ( and that stands for oh my goodness in my book for those that don't know me!!). I'm laughing and crying at the same time!!!!!! SERIOUSLY. I love you sweet sister!!! I could and do say all the same things about YOU my friend!! 2011 watch out!!! These Jesus girls are wrapping their heads in some SERIOUS scripture!!! Love, love LOVE You!!

Steph said...

Love the new look! Tess you did a great job.

Steph

Craig said...

I like the new look!

Beth Abell said...

It looks awesome!!! I love me some Tess too :)