Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Merry Madness


I absolutely love Christmas.

Always have....always will.

My favorite thing to do is sneaking to the tree at night (or really early in the morning) when all is still, dark and quiet. I still feel like I am 6 years old when I stare and enjoy the simple beauty of white twinkling lights.

I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to come to this keyboard and just ramble on and on about my thoughts, events of the day, or just to share the ways God is working in my life.

However, the madness has taken over! I couldn't even check my e-mail much less blog about my day.

Between music rehearsals for me, music rehearsals for the kids, finishing up shopping, wrapping gifts, getting stuff for the kid's school parties, addressing Christmas cards, fitting everything in on the calendar, AND an out-of-the-blue ice storm....I haven't had a moment to breathe.

I am not complaining nor am I whining. This is just life...especially life in December.

Everyone is busy and everyone is still trying to be merry.

Yesterday I felt like the walls were caving in. They weren't really. I just wasn't really ready spiritually for all that the enemy had ready to throw at me.

I didn't do well under his schemes. It was like the perfect storm at my house. Have you ever had one of those days? The kids were screaming. The phone wouldn't stop ringing. There was more to do than you had time to do it. It seemed like everyone needed something from me and I just needed a padded cell....ALL TO MYSELF.

I will confess that this girl did not win "Mother of the Year" based on my performance yesterday...whew...I am glad it is over.

But this morning...God showed me that I had not been spiritually ready to deal with the enemy.

I didn't have my game face on. I had not prayed or been in the Word. I didn't have a chance.

God lead my to Psalm 27.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid?

Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me, even then will I be confident."


I took the bait from the enemy to give in to all that was going wrong around me. I was so suffocated by my surroundings that I didn't cry to my Savior. I tried to be strong and independent...handle my stuff myself.

All the time my Light, my Salvation, my Stronghold was waiting for me to let Him help.

It felt as if war was breaking out against me and I gave in to fear and lost my confidence.

NOT TODAY!

I kept my mind focused on the One who loves me and died for me.

Today was lighter. Sweeter.

I was merry in the midst of my madness.

1 comment:

liz mccrary said...

Andrea,
Thanks for blogging about this. I really needed to read your words about His word. Oh how I need to do better on diving in when i feel stressed and deflated. Thanks friend!!