Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Why He came....

God has lead me to read and study in the book of Isaiah. I didn't quite get past chapter one before my heart was gripped by the reason He came....

the reason for this season...

Isaiah 1:5-6
"Why should you be beaten anymore?
Why do you persist in rebellion?
Your whole head is injured,
your whole heart afflicted.
From the sole of your foot to the top of your head
there is no soundness-
only wounds and welts
and open sores,
not cleansed or bandaged
or soothed with oil.

Us.

Poor...pathetic...pitiful...us.

We are His grand prize.

We are His great treasure.

This particular passage is describing the nation of Israel but it might as well be me at some time or another.

Could this passage be describing you in some way? I can certainly relate.

~injured head or mind
~afflicted heart
~no soundness; only unrest
~wounded, beaten, hurt

As I marvel at my Maker and His crazy love for us I can't believe He gave us Christmas. He gave us Himself....he traded glory for death....perfection for gross imperfection....peace for chaos...a throne for the cross.

What a Savior!

Immanuel has come....He wanted to be God with us.

Pretty amazing....



No comments: